Arts and Entertainment | Food and Drink

Best Of: Thanksgiving Dinners

Stuck in Hogan instead of at home? If you can't get a flight back for your mom's apple pie, not to worry: Spec's got you squared away with your best options this Turkey Day.

Candle Cafe West

2427 Broadway (between 89th and 90th streets)
It may be called Turkey Day, but there are still plenty of options for vegetarians. This Upper West Side vegan spot is offering a prix fixe dinner for $65 a person from 2 to 9 p.m. With choices ranging from sage-pecan encrusted seitan with sweet potato gratin and green beans to saffron pappardelle with trumpet mushrooms, cranberries, broccoli, and tomatoes, diners won’t even miss the turkey. Bonus: Since the restaurant is fairly close to campus, a walk back to Columbia to work off the feast is definitely an option.

Il Buco Alimentari e Vineria

53 Great Jones St.
Not only did this Greenwich Village restaurant earn three stars from the New York Times for its phenomenal Italian cooking, it also plans on giving back to New York this Thanksgiving by donating all of the profits from its family-style dinner to benefit Hurricane Sandy Victims. From 1-6 p.m., diners can do good and fill their stomachs with the restaurant’s Italian fare for $85 a person.

Maison Premiere

298 Bedford Ave., Brooklyn
It may be known for its absinthe and oysters, but Williamsburg bar Maison Premiere has been paying serious attention to its cooking lately, and this Thanksgiving is no exception. For the relatively affordable $45 per person, the bar will offer a prix fixe turkey dinner. More budget-minded diners—or those who simply prefer non-Thanksgiving food—can order from the regular menu.

Katz’s Delicatessen

205 E. Houston St.
The legendary Lower East Side Jewish delicatessen is hosting its first-ever Thanksgiving dinner this year in a rare break from tradition. For $60, Columbians can dig into a Jewish twist on the traditional meal—diners can even substitute the turkey for beef brisket. Whether the meal can compare to the deli’s pastrami remains to be seen, but fans shouldn’t miss it.