not_set | Sports

WEEKEND RECAP: Track and Field, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis, Squash, Men's Swimming and Diving

• Her Best Shot | Women's tennis was one of the many successful Columbia teams this weekend.

Tennis continued its strong play and track and field continued its preparations for Heps over the weekend.

Track and Field — Finn Vigeland / Spectator Senior Staff Writer

“Anyone need to train for miles—you know who to get in touch with.”

Thus spoke the announcer at Saturday’s Lions Invitational after the Light Blue men dominated the mile for the third heat in a row. Competitors would be wise to take up his advice, as the men’s distance runners propelled the track and field team to a commanding performance at its host meet...(Read more)

Women's Tennis — Myles Simmons / Spectator Senior Staff Writer

Domination was the word of the day for women’s tennis, as the No. 51 Lions overpowered No. 54 University of Denver on Friday for a 6-1 victory... (Read more)

Men's Tennis — Kyle Perrotti / Spectator Senior Staff Writer

Coming off a 1-1 weekend down south against No. 3 Georgia and No. 42 Washington, the men’s tennis team returned home to the Dick Savitt Tennis Center this weekend, taking on Georgia State and DePaul... (Read more)

Squash — Eli Schultz / Spectator Senior Staff Writer

Though the No. 9 women’s squash team (6-4, 1-4 Ivy) lost to both No. 1 Harvard and No. 8 Dartmouth this past weekend, the men earned a split, taking home the first victory over the No. 11 Big Green in program history... (Read more)

Men's Swimming and Diving — Phil Godzin / Spectator Staff Writer

The men’s swimming and diving team (5-3, 2-2 Ivy) had its three-meet winning streak snapped Friday at Navy in a tightly contested 157-140 loss...(Read more)

sports@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports