Hallie Nell Swanson

Wed, Nov 13, 2013, 1:16am

Administrators and student leaders hope to take action to address what many students see as a lack of community on Columbia’s campus—but there are still many opinions on what those actions should be.

Tue, Nov 12, 2013, 3:52am

Students often complain about the perceived lack of community on Columbia’s campus through conversations, petitions, and forums on the issue, and are still grappling to find solutions to the issue.

Fri, Oct 18, 2013, 12:12am

Columbia College Student Council and the Engineering Student Council passed a resolution this week asking that undergraduates be allowed into Uris Hall’s Watson Library after 5 p.m. during midterms and finals.

Thu, Sep 12, 2013, 2:24am

After spending the summer collaborating with Gensler, the architectural firm that is designing Columbia’s new medical center buildings, Design for America hopes to turn its proposals into realities on campus this semester.

Wed, May 22, 2013, 12:00am

Tina Kit realized that she wanted to study operations research when she was in charge of organizing a 1,200-person conference for the Asian American Alliance.

Wed, May 1, 2013, 11:56pm

The Columbia Ballet Collaborative will perform its spring show in Miller Theatre, despite the theater's statement in October that it would stop subsidizing CBC's use of the space.

Fri, Apr 26, 2013, 2:35am

This year, for the first time, only Columbia Business School students will be permitted to enter Uris’ Watson Library during the period of Business School finals, from May 5 to 17. The ban comes as Business School students’ longtime resentment of the undergraduate population in the library has approached a boiling point.

Mon, Apr 1, 2013, 2:16am

Kebaya tops, batik textiles, and the Angklung—a long instrument made of bamboo tubes—were some of the many items on display at the Indonesian Network of Columbia’s cultural showcase on Thursday.

Tue, Mar 26, 2013, 1:31am

A rapt audience of neighborhood kids aged four to 12 learned about toad pee and other miracles of the animal kingdom during a program at Bloomingdale library Monday.

Mon, Mar 4, 2013, 3:14am

The game lasts four weeks, during which time assassins must develop increasingly stealthy tactics to avoid the squirt of water to the back that signifies a death and, thus, a loss in the game.

Pages