Melissa von Mayrhauser

Thu, May 2, 2013, 1:55am

Columbia is globalizing well beyond the Morningside gates, and an increasing amount of coverage will need to reflect this reality.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012, 4:31am

Given the increasing percentage of international students at Columbia, cultural groups continue to refine the way they reach out to their broader communities.

Fri, Dec 7, 2012, 5:20am

Becoming a global university means more than just accepting international students—it’s also a question of attracting more internationally minded students and finding the best ways to integrate international students into a student body that is still largely American.

Tue, Oct 2, 2012, 1:32am

Engineering professor Maria Chudnovsky and geochemistry professor Terry Plank will each receive $500,000 over the next five years to pursue their research.

Fri, Sep 28, 2012, 4:18am

Some students prefer the course of study and the established rhythm of traditional study-abroad programs, and it’s unclear how well the centers will cater to students at the School of Engineering and Applied Science and the School of General Studies.

Wed, Sep 19, 2012, 3:21am

Administrators discussed how to improve the undergraduate experience studying abroad at the Columbia Global Centers, and later heard from students who had traveled abroad in the Global Scholars Program this summer.

Tue, Sep 18, 2012, 1:41am

The eight directors met at Faculty House on Monday to discuss fundraising, budgeting, and global education, and to start developing a business plan for the global centers.

Fri, Sep 14, 2012, 5:38am

Columbia's global center in Rio de Janeiro will launch on Thursday, Barnard is holding its next annual symposium in Brazil, and both schools are expanding on-campus resources for the study of Brazil.

Fri, Sep 7, 2012, 12:57am

The Beijing center has been without a permanent director for two years. Joan Kaufman’s appointment comes two weeks ahead of a summit with all eight centers’ directors in New York City.

Wed, Sep 5, 2012, 3:21am

An organization is suing the Italian Academy, claiming it has abandoned its original mission and asking it to honor its original agreement to promoting Italian studies.

Pages