Katherine Gerberich / Staff Photographer

Shake Shack's Morningside Heights location will open this Wednesday.

Shake Shack announced in a press release on Monday that its Morningside Heights location will be opening for business this Wednesday at 11 a.m.

The restaurant chain first announced its plans to move into the spot formerly occupied by Ollie’s Noodle Shop & Grille in January to Spectator, then stating that it would open its doors by the end of the year.

Shake Shack’s menu will feature items exclusive to Morningside Heights, including frozen custard concretes inspired by the neighborhood: Heights Bites, a vanilla custard with a frosted butter cake from Harlem bakery Make My Cake and salted caramel sauce, Shack Attack, a chocolate custard with fudge, cookie dough, and dark chocolate chunks from Brooklyn chocolatiers Mast Brothers, and Pie Oh My, a vanilla custard that comes with a slice of seasonal pie from Brooklyn bakery Four & Twenty Blackbirds. Five percent of proceeds from purchases of Pie Oh My will be donated to the Fresh Air Fund.

The menu will also include local beers from Montauk Brewing Company and Sixpoint Brewery, as well as Shake Shack’s Brooklyn Brewery ShackMeister ale.

“We want this Shake Shack to be a mirror of the Columbia-Barnard Upper West Side neighborhood,” Shake Shack CEO Randy Garutti told Spectator in January. “If we’ve done that, we’ve done our job.”

The location is sure to be popular with students, and it opens just in time for the beginning of the school year and the New Student Orientation Program.

sophie.kossakowski@columbiaspectator.com | @ColumbiaSpec

shake-shack burgers shake shack