Courtesy Barnard College /

Lisa Yeh was appointed VP of Development on Monday.

Lisa Yeh has been appointed as Barnard’s new vice president for development and will begin serving on Jan. 22, the college announced Monday morning.

Barnard President Sian Beilock stressed the importance of Yeh’s role, as she will be responsible for ensuring the completion of the Bold Standard, which has raised more than $320 million to date, according to a letter sent to the college’s faculty and staff. The completion of the Bold Standard campaign has been in question since the departure of former Barnard President Debora Spar last March.

The vice president for development is responsible for ensuring the financial future of the college by implementing fundraising strategies, securing donations from institutional and individual donors, and building relationships with alumni. The amount of money raised has direct repercussions on the size of Barnard’s endowment, tuition rates, and the quality of services the college is able to provide.

The role of vice president for development was previously held by Bret Silver, who left the position in September to serve as chief strategy and external relations officer for Lincoln Center, where Spar currently serves as CEO and president.

For the past 11 years, Yeh has served as vice dean of external relations for the Columbia Business School, and has worked at the Business School since 2002. Under Yeh’s leadership, the Business School exceeded its fundraising goal for its 2004 to 2013 capital campaign and has increased average annual fundraising from $21 million to $72 million. Yeh’s replacement has yet to be named.

Prior to working at Columbia, Yeh worked in event planning, fundraising, and as a financial analyst. Yeh holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration-finance from San Diego State University, where she graduated cum laude with distinction in finance, and an MBA from St. Mary’s University, where she graduated summa cum laude.

Yeh’s daughter currently attends Barnard and is a member of the class of 2019.

aubri.juhasz@columbiaspectator.com | @aubriruth