The Shaft
@1.800.hoemar / via Instagram

Spectrum will be producing content on The Shaft from now until housing selection ends in early April. If at any time you have questions about The Shaft or about housing selection at Barnumbia, let us know and we’ll do our best to answer them.

In preparation for housing selection, we here at Spectrum have been helping you through The Shaft by telling you which dorms are best for which sizes of groups at Columbia and Barnard, whether you’re best suited for suite or hallway life, and by answering your FAQs in a 90-second video.

But thus far we’ve neglected to do the simplest thing: To tell you up front which dorm you should live in. Since you got your lottery numbers on Monday, we can finally begin to make some more accurate predictions about where you’ll end up next fall.

NOTE: For some of these questions, we’re going to ask you how good your lottery number is. If you don’t know where your number leaves you, make sure you read this article first—we’ll let you know there.

Columbia’s housing selection is in T-minus 14 days! Make sure you know what your realistic aim should be and keep checking out The Shaft for more info.

Which dorm are you aiming for? Let us know on our Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat @CUSpectrum.

Veronica Grace Taleon is Spectrum’s editor and a Barnard sophomore. Being a resident of the west side of Broadway, this article isn’t really applicable to her, but it does make her sound smart in front of all her Columbia friends. Reach her at veronica.taleon@columbiaspectator.com.

the shaft housing selection broadway furnald harmony mcbain nussbaum schapiro wien watt 47-claremont river ruggles symposium woodbridge east-campus hogan