The Shaft
@melodytie / Via Instagram

For live commentary from the Cage, check out our Twitter. To see what's been taken in real-time, check out the Whiteboard. Ideally, check out both.

The last group of juniors picked housing today, taking the most desirable suites but still leaving sophomores some good choices for their selection on Thursday.

Here’s what got taken:

• All of Woodbridge
  • All of Watt
  • All of Claremont
  • All of Symposium
  • Most of the EC doubles (there are only two left)

What sophomores can hope for on Thursday:

• 49 Nussbaum doubles
  • A few remaining suites in Carlton Arms (one three-person suite, 12 four-person suites, and five six-person suites)
  • 100 Schapiro doubles
  • 39 Wien doubles
  • 178 McBain doubles
  • One six-person double in Plimpton

Your average sophomore is likely to end up in a Nuss, McBain, or Wien double, but if you don’t like your options, you can always drop to online selection and hope for a single in Harmony or something.

So what you’ll want to do is this—like the past few days, go to Columbia’s housing portal and see how many people are picking ahead of you. That’ll give you a good idea of what your chances are at your desired dorm.

Be sure to go in prepared by keeping up with The Shaft’s live updates via the Whiteboard. If you need to re-evaluate your housing options, check out The Shaft for room reviews and floor plans, or if you want some witty commentary, we’re live tweeting the event on Twitter. Best of luck!

Have any questions about housing selection? Be sure to check out the Shaft and our live twitter feed! If those fail to satisfy you, ask your questions on our Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat @CUSpectrum.

the shaft housing selection junior selection regroup online selection