*|MC:SUBJECT|*
Make sure you come to Spec’s Outdoor Free Food Expo today!
Today's forecast: Sunny with a high of 81
View this email in your browser
@tennatural2012 / via Instagram

Your 4/28 Wake Up Call

Free this evening? See if you can catch the Varsity Show

Lunch is on us… again: The sun is out, the semester’s almost over. Celebrate this wonderful day with some free food, courtesy of Spec. Come through to Van Am Quad from 12-2 p.m. to sample some of MoHi’s best restaurants.

A Week in Review: Before you start buckling down for finals, catch up on everything that went on this week: Barnard’s tuition increased, students are having a hard time getting CPS appointments, and a student group has decried the University’s statue of Thomas Jefferson.

Taking Back the Night: Unlike previous years, there was no march at Columbia for the anti-sexual assault movement Take Back the Night. Instead, participants were involved in a rally, followed by a  speakout to provide survivors with a platform to share their experiences with sexual assault.

Help will be given to those who ask for it: Barnard has plans to assist students, faculty, and staff in light of possible changes to federal immigration policy. Here are the specifics.

Assholes and the city: Have you changed since coming to NYC? Columnist Johnathan Fuentes sure thinks he has, despite being here for just a few months. Maybe it’s the overwhelming nature of the city that turns us into self-centered, unempathetic jerks.

Chow down: Food is an important matter for every prospie. Here are some of our favorite places to eat in the area.

Poets, politics, and podcasts: How have student-poets used their craft as a form of resistance under the Trump administration? All of this and more in this week’s episode of The Eye’s podcast, The Ear.

Providing solid solidarity: Has the community and administration provided the solidarity that undocumented students need? Not according to the Undocumented Students Initiative. Going forward, the group is arguing that the University needs to focus on confronting privilege and providing real support to students.

Attention from the administration: In this op-ed, Gabriella Reynoso, CC ’17, says that administrations need to educate themselves on issues specific to queer and trans people of color, especially when it comes to mental health.

How are Club Penguin and resistance related? In this week’s edition of Blinks, The Eye reflects on recent moments of resistance across the globe, from Club Penguin meet-ups to hunger strikes.

Stereotypes in campus politics? Do Columbians ignore discourse in favor of political liberalism? The Eye sat down with leaders of various campus political groups to see if they fit this stereotype.

Required Reading

Congratulations to the newly admitted class of 2021! We think Columbia’s great, but there’s still a lot you need to consider before putting down your deposit. Subscribe to Required Reading to get a glimpse of what life is really like here at CU.

Pro tip of the day

Moving to online: Started studying for finals yet? If you’re bored of just reading from the textbook, try out some of these online resources.

Events and opportunities

Free Food: Outdoor Free Food Expo 2017
12-2 p.m. on the Van Am Quad

Performance: KCST Presents: “As You Like It”
11:59 p.m. at Pupin Plaza

Formal: CU Swing Presents: Sugar Foot Strut
7:30-11 p.m. in the Diana Center Event Oval

Study Break: Puppies!
10-11 a.m. in the Science and Engineering Library

Performance: “Suited”
8 p.m. in Glicker-Milstein Theatre

Performance: CBGT Presents: “A Beautiful Country by Chay Yew”
8 p.m. in Lerner Black Box Theatre

Performance: 123rd Annual Varsity Show
8 p.m. in Roone Arledge Auditorium

Free Food: Pop Party!
9-11 p.m. Wien Lounge

Performance: Columbia-Juilliard Exchange: Spring 2017 Recital
Saturday, 6:30-8 p.m. in the Italian Academy

Performance: CUBE Presents “The Sleeping Beauty”
Saturday, 8-9:45 p.m. in the Riverside Theatre (91 Claremont)

Snapchat of the day

What a bunch of sticklers.

Get in the Wake Up Call

• Tag us on Instagram @CUspectrum to submit your Instas for header images.
  • Message us on Facebook with links to your events or opportunities.
  • Snapchat us @CUspectrum for Snapchats of the day.