File Photo / Ben Goldsmith

Women's swimming and diving will head to Harvard seeking its first-ever Ancient Eight crown this week.

Women’s swimming and diving will travel to Harvard for the 2018 Ivy League Championships on Wednesday, Feb. 14 and will compete there through Saturday, Feb. 18.

The tournament will determine the conference champion of the season, independent of results from the earlier dual meets. The Lions (3-5, 2-5 Ivy) have wins over Cornell and Dartmouth in Ivy League play this season. Furthermore, in the Frank Elm Invitational last November, Columbia finished third in a 10-team field.

Last year, the Lions finished sixth in the meet as Yale took the title for the first time in 20 years with 1681 points. Runner-up Harvard finished with a score of 1590.5, followed by Princeton, Penn, and Brown. The Lions’ final score was 683.5, putting them ahead of Cornell and Dartmouth to round out the championship.

Columbia will send five top-ten Ivy League time rankings into the weekend, including sophomore Julia Samson in the 200-yard backstroke and 100-yard backstroke, sophomore Helen Wojdylo in the 100-yard breaststroke, and junior Mary Ashby in the 100-yard freestyle and 50-yard freestyle.

Key events for the Light Blue will include swims from junior Jessica Antiles, sophomore Julia Samson, first-year Eva Crouse, and senior Nicole Papsco. On the diving boards, senior Brooke Bernardin and junior Kim Yang each have an Ivy League win this season as well.

Each day will begin with preliminaries at 11 a.m., while finals will start at 6 p.m.

The action kicks off on Wednesday at Blodgett Pool in Cambridge, Mass.

jacqueline.diggs@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports

Swimming and Diving Women's swimming and diving Columbia Lions