File Photo / KJ Mulam

Wrestling will look to end the dual season on a high note as it will host Harvard and Brown this weekend.

Wrestling will host Harvard and Brown this Saturday in the last dual meet action of the season.

The Lions (3-12, 0-3 Ivy) will look to bounce back from a weekend of close losses with two wins over the Crimson (4-4, 1-3 Ivy) and the Bears (4-6, 2-2 Ivy) this weekend.

The meets fall on Senior Day for the Light Blue and will mark the final home matches for an impressive class of 2018—five of the 10 wrestlers likely to start this weekend are seniors.

No. 17 Markus Scheidel at 157 pounds and No. 15 Garrett Ryan at heavyweight lead the senior class as nationally ranked wrestlers, have qualified for the national tournament three times along with 174-pound wrestler Tyrel White, and will look to do so again this year. 149-pounder Jacob Macalolooy and 184-pounder Andrew Psomas round out the class with records of 16-11 and 9-17, respectively.

The seniors will look to guide the Lions to two victories in matches that look like they could go either way and will likely be decided by bonus points. Again, the team will look to the seniors to be at the helm of that department, as Ryan, Macalolooy, and White lead the Light Blue in bonus point wins this season with 14, 7, and 6, respectively.

As the last tune-up of the season before the Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association Championships in March, the Lions are looking to hit their stride at the best time possible with some impressive individual performances.

The match against Harvard starts at 1 p.m. while Brown visits at 6 p.m. Both dual meets will take place in the Blue Gym.

jonah.sharf@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports

Wrestling Columbia Lions