Controversial best-selling author and DePaul University professor Norman Finkelstein will address students Wednesday night in Roone Arledge Auditorium on "Israel and Palestine: Misuse of Anti-Semitism, Abuse of History."

The event will be hosted by the Muslim Students Association in conjunction with several other student organizations.

Finkelstein is best known for his writings about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and what he alleges is the exploitation of the Holocaust by certain European groups. In 2000, he published The Holocaust Industry, in which he refers to efforts by Jewish elites to obtain financial reparations for the Holocaust in Europe as an "outright extortion racket." Finkelstein is the son of two Holocaust survivors.

Danielle Slutzky, CC '08, a Spectator senior writer and president of LionPAC, a pro-Israel student group, told the New York Post in an article published Tuesday that she was "distressed that, after so much effort toward dialogue on this campus, these groups are bringing a divisive anti-Semite to Columbia."

Vice President of Policy for LionPAC Avery Katz, CC '06, said "Our hope is that Wednesday night, we can show Norman Finkelstein that his hate is not welcome at Columbia." Avery declined to give specifics of what the group plans to do.

The Muslim Students Association did not respond to Spectator's repeated requests for comment.