One poetry club, four writers — all for $5. East Village's very own Bowery Poetry Club is hosting the ongoing reading series "Readings on the Bowery." This Sunday at 2 p.m., writers Michael Dumanis, Monica Ferrell, James Allen Hall, and Jay Baron Nicorvo will gather to discuss their works for an admission fee of $5. The series is sponsored by the non-profit press Four Way Books, which publishes works by established and emerging poets. As the go-to literary venue for poetry enthusiasts, the Bowery Poetry Club hosts a range of events from writing workshops to book parties to poetry slams. "I hope that the audience leaves with not only an affirmation of the beauty of language but also, too, with its more elemental force: the conveyance of strong emotion," participating author Nicorvo said. Nicorvo's poetry, fiction and nonfiction have appeared in publications such as "Washington Square" and "The Believer." He will potentially discuss his forthcoming poetry collection "DEADBEAT," featuring poems that "circle round a single persona, also called Deadbeat." Exemplifying father-son relationships as well as "modern day foibles," Deadbeat is "a bit of a hapless fellow," Nicorvo said. Hall, a Lambda Literary Award winner and another poet in the reading series, echoed Nicorvo sentiment. "I always aim to take the reader on an intense emotional journey," he said. "I hope they leave word-drunk and transformed." Hall's poetry collection "Now You're The Enemy" seeks to explore "the redemptive power of desire and art." The remaining poets will also read from their works. Ferrell, winner of the 2007 Kathryn A. Morton Prize in Poetry, will showcase the fine line between being awake and dreaming in her debut poetry collection "Beasts for the Chase." Also, Duminas will present segments from his Juniper Prize-winning debut poetry collection "My Soviet Union," intertwining vivid emotions with historical figures. "The poems I like best are the ones that leave me feeling like I've just been sucker-punched in the ear—really clobbered and for no apparent reason," Nicorvo said. "And so I'm hoping that all three of the other poets I'll be reading with on Sunday really clobber me, and what better place to be clobbered than on the Bowery." Audience members attending Sunday night's Bowery Poetry Club reading better beware of well-intended sucker punches—in the literary sense, of course.