We just told you about how the website for the World Leaders Forum, as of yesterday, contained an oddly laudatory bio page for Ethiopian Prime Minister (and alleged tyrant) Meles Zenawi. In a statement, the University said it obtained some of that information "from the [Ethiopian] government's Mission." But did it really? more We weren't sure what the University meant by "the government's Mission." Did Ethiopian ambassadors—or some sort of official statement from the Ethiopian government—somehow inspire the WLF staff to describe Prime Minister Zenawi as a "seasoned" leader on the WLF's website? That seems to be what the University was implying with its statement, but when pressed, a Columbia spokesperson refused to comment further. So we did some googling, and we found that the World Leaders Forum website probably drew heavily not from Ethiopian diplomats, but from a random Internet comment (the first one on this page, from user "shewit1") when they drafted the original bio page for Zenawi. Here, once more, is that final paragraph from the World Leaders Forum's original bio page for Prime Minister Zenawi:

Under the seasoned governmental leadership of Prime Minister Meles Zenawi, now in his fourth term, and vision of the Tigrai Peoples Liberation Front (TPLF) and Ethiopian Peoples Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF), Ethiopia has made and continues to make progresses in many areas including in education, transportation, health and energy.

that comment

There are millions of Ethiopians who support Meles's seasoned leadership and recognized the marked achievements Ethiopia has attained under EPRDF's leadership. Thanks for his meticulous leadership, beloved Ethiopia has made provable progresses in all developmental areas including in promoting education, transportation, health, energy, infrastructures, and democracy.

plagiarism world-leaders-forum zenawi