Volleyball continued its record-setting 2010 campaign, sweeping its season series with Princeton (13-9, 8-3 Ivy) for the first time in program history. Despite the loss to Penn (13-10, 9-2 Ivy) on the previous day, with the win over Princeton, Columbia (15-8, 7-5 Ivy) positioned itself to break more records next week for its final doubleheader of the season. If the Lions defeat Brown and Yale next week, the team will set a new Columbia record for Ivy and total wins in a season. The 2001 team holds the current record with eight total conference wins, and the 2000 squad set the record for wins—albeit with 29 total games—by notching a 16-13 regular season record. The first time Columbia played Princeton, it pulled out a tough five-set win in which the Lions just survived, prevailing after winning the fifth set 17-15. Columbia won the first two sets 29-27, 25-21. The Lions then lost the third set 25-20 and won the deciding set 25-22. Freshman libero Katherine Keller recorded a game-high 25 digs in Saturday's match, and junior Cindy Chen was active defensively as well with 20 digs for the match. The win over Princeton helped wash away the team's painful loss to Penn the day before, which mathematically eliminated the Lions from title contention. Columbia fared worse in its 3-2 loss to the Quakers, the defending league champions. The Lions lost the first set to Penn 25-20 but won the next two sets 25-19 and 25-23 to take control of the match. However, the Quakers responded with a convincing 25-18 fourth set win to set up the final set, which they eventually won 17-15.

Volleyball