-Brooke- / Flickr

For some of us, midterms seem to start in September and end in December. For others, this week is going to be the most Butler-filled, coffee-guzzling and stress-inducing time of the semester until finals. With your SelfControl App on, and Facebook, StumbleUpon, and Twitter all blocked, you might find yourself searching fruitlessly for another mode of procrastination. Lucky for you, we've got your back. We have compiled a midterm soundtrack to get you through every part of the studying process. more Some Library Motivation: Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO. For when it's a Friday night and you're in the library wearing sweat pants, glasses, and a high ponytail.  This study-chic ensemble is just as sexy as the millions of tight black minis at Mel's. When you're on the edge of a nervous breakdown: Edge of Glory - Lady GaGa. It's 3 A.M. You've somehow managed to re-arrange every document on your desktop, go to the bathroom seven times, and not open your textbook once. You suddenly realize your exam is in a few short hours, and you're freaking out. If Lady GaGa can do it on the edge, so can you. With her pink hair and post-modern attire, GaGa will help you get started, even if you're hours behind. Getting Nostalgic: Forever Young - Youth Group. Amidst scattered calculus review sheets and your CC books, you maybe be overcome by the realization that  you are halfway through another semester at this fine establishment. Perfect for when you're feeling old and that time is passing you by while you live in Butler. While you write a paper: Lotus Flower - Radiohead. When writing your paper you may want to avoid the chance that lyrics such as "boy you got my heartbeat running away" will find their way into your philosophy paper. In order to avoid this subconscious mishap, a more chill, rhythmic Radiohead song is ideal, with lyrics so incomprehensible that it's perfect for typing away. Memorizing flashcards or a foreign language: How It Ends - Devotchka. From the "Little Miss Sunshine" soundtrack, "How it Ends" has a repetitive rhythm conducive to memorizing for maximum cramming and regurgitating on the exam. Reading: Track 1 - Sigur Ros. Music for reading should sound like background music, but not mean elevator music, or what you are forced to listen to while on hold with customer service at Verizon. This artist is soothing and mellow, perfect for catching up on reading, dozing off…the usual. Holocene - Bon Iver. Same deal. A voice that sounds like a warm bubble bath, which is what every college kid needs when all they want is to go to bed. When you need that last push: Keep Breathing - Ingrid Michaelson. Sometimes all that you need to push through a studying slump is a series of deep breaths--- remember, Ingrid believes in you! Power - Kanye West. The first few seconds of this anthem will have you up on your feet. But actually, sit down. Don't embarrass yourself in 209. Gather your power, your espresso double shot, and get it going! When you're done studying: Dog Days Are Over - Florence and the Machine. As you make your way out of Butler and the sun is coming up, rejoice in your great accomplishments.

midterms playlists study-habits