It's late. You're up. Everyone's up—it's the night before the first final. Don't be the last one up, because there's nothing worse than refreshing Facebook at 4 a.m. only to find your news feed hasn't been updated in an hour. (Instead, you can procrastinate by reading our Orgo Night liveblog.)more Start the betting pools: Golden Globe nominations came out today. The French silent film "The Artist" leads the pack with six nominations. I'm rooting for Meryl in "The Iron Lady," because, come on, who doesn't love her acceptance speeches? [HFPA] Eye candy: By far the coolest photo uploaded to Flickr in the last 24 hours. It's a shot of a place called Airey's Inlet, in Victoria, Australia. [Flickr, Hakka69] Other Ivies exist: Talk about swipe access issues. A 27-year-old Harvard Extension School student has been couch-surfing in a first-year Harvard dormitory for two months. [The Crimson] Other Ivies exist, part 2: And they also admit students early. While Columbia and some other Ivies still haven't released early admissions statistics, Harvard accepted 18 percent of its early pool, Brown accepted 19 percent, and Dartmouth accepted 26 percent. [The Crimson, The Brown Daily Herald, The Dartmouth] The End: In the final stretch of your term paper? Some J-School students can give you some style pointers. What I want to know is, how can I get on the roof of Low?

The Elements of Style from Jake Heller on Vimeo.

early-admissions early-decision elements-of-style finn-vigeland flickr golden-globes j-school rap swipe-access the-one-eleven