family_first14/ Photobucket.

Sweets for Your Suite is an on-campus baked goods delivery service run by sophomores Marilyn He and Jake Davidson. (Ed. Note: Davidson is the Online Editor for Spectator and he is the Assistant Director of New Media. Uh-oh, are we straight up ADVERTISING for them? Or is this just a blog post about a service that we thought you'd find interesting? You'll have to decide for yourself, but it's probably more fun to believe that we are all conspiring to maximize Jake and Marilyn's profits in some sort of unethical scheme to line our liberal, atheist elite media pockets.) When asked why she decided to start the business, Marilyn responds: "I've been baking for as long as I can remember, but when I came to college I had to start funding it myself. Freshman year I didn't really mind, but early this year, I started realizing how much it actually cost to bake for fun. While complaining about it one day, Jake suggested that I start a business to fuel my baking addiction. I didn't actually take him up on that offer until awhile later, but the seed was planted that night." more

Marilyn He/ Sweets for Your Suite

Sweets for Your Suite's website

gallery

Lemon Bar-

Molasses Ginger Cookie-

Cheesecake Brownie-

Blueberry Crumb Muffin-

Pros:

The Strawberry Bacon Cupcake. Never in a million years would I imagine this as a viable dessert combination, but Marilyn insists it's a crowd-pleaser. (From Sweets for Your Suite's Flickr)

Cons:

Worth it or not:

P.S. I regret not trying the Pumpkin Blondie! (Image from Sweets for Your Sweet's Flickr)

cupcakes elitist-marketing-agenda gluttony sandya sloth strawberry-bacon-is-a-thing-apparently sweets-for-your-suite