Kiera Wood / Senior Staff Photographer

Dragos Ignat beat his singles opponents over the weekend, gaining wins over both Brown and Yale.

Men's Tennis Alexander Bernstein / Spectator Staff Writer

After two road losses last weekend, the No. 49 menís tennis team (13-7, 3-2 Ivy) was able to bounce back against Yale and Brown. The Lions had two comfortable victories over both, winning 5-2 over Brown and 6-1 over Yale to bring their Ivy record above .500.

Against Brown on Saturday, the duo of sophomore Bert Vancura and freshman Dragos Ignat got things rolling for the Lions, quickly picking up the win at the No. 2 position, 8-4. Sophomores Max Schnur and Ashok Narayana also succeeded in first doubles, winning by a comfortable 8-2 margin to give Columbia the doubles point. Read more>>

Softball Phil Godzin / Spectator Staff Writer

The softball team (18-18, 6-6 Ivy) bounced back from a tough sweep at the hands of Cornell on Saturday to sweep Sunday's doubleheader against the Big Red.

In Game 1 of the four-game set, both teams rallied, but Cornell came out on top with a 7-5 score. In the sixth inning, with Cornell leading 4-2, the Lions regained the lead with an Alix Cook single after Emily Snodgrass was intentionally walked to load the bases. Read more>>

Track and Field Melissa Cheung / Spectator Senior Staff Writer

The outdoor track and field teams brought home 36 collective top-five finishes from the two competitions they raced in this weekend.

The Lions raced against a field of 35 teams and accumulated five top-four finishes at the George Mason Spring Invitational in Virginia on Saturday. At the Army Quad Meet, the women's squad won the meet with a total score of 159, defeating Binghamton by a 27-point margin. Read more>>

Lacrosse Robert Mitchell / Spectator Staff Writer

Lacrosse saw a close game slip away this weekend, as Columbia (2-10, 0-6 Ivy) couldn't complete a late rally against Yale (7-5, 1-4 Ivy) and dropped the 13-12 contest at Oceanside High School on Long Island. The game was played at the neutral site as a fundraiser for victims of Hurricane Sandy.

The narrow defeat once again demonstrates how large runs have crippled the Lions' chances, despite playing most of their opponents competitively throughout the season. The Light Blue got off to a good start with two assisted goals by junior Ashley Rinere, and senior Kacie Johnson added another to make it 3-1. Johnson scored four goals on the day. Read more>>

In brief: Men's golf, Women's golf, Heavyweight rowing, lightweight rowing Read more >>

sports@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports

Men's Tennis Softball Track and Field Lacrosse