Kiera Wood / Spec

So you're a Columbia or Barnard student. You have opinions about sports. You want to express them, but don't think they'd be particularly well-received in your first-year English class. We can help. Spec Sports is looking for columnists for the fall semester. It doesn't matter whether you're a first-year or senior, whether you want to write about squash or football — we want people who have interesting, insightful things to say about Ivy and Columbia sports, and the athletic experience in general. It's a chill job (one column every two weeks), but nonetheless guaranteed to get you plenty of eyeballs and help your #brand. Especially if you write about Columbia's, well, noteworthy football team, or its basketball team which will be facing both defending national champion UConn and defending national runner-up Kentucky. Coming off Columbia's most successful semester in years (four Ivy titles), now is the time to hop on the bandwagon. If you're interested (or even if you're not), fill out an application and sent it to sports@columbiaspectator.com by August 31. If you have any questions, also email sports@columbiaspectator.com. And if you're really not interested in sports ... A&E and Spectrum are hiring as well. (If you want to apply for more than one section, go right ahead — you can be a columnist or blogger for multiple sections at the same time.)

columnists fall-2014