Sarah Robertson / Columbia Daily Spectator

Established in Morningside Heights in 1971, Amir’s was known for its Middle Eastern cuisine, including various bowls and wraps.

Amir’s Grill, located between 113th and 114th streets on Broadway, has closed indefinitely after 47 years, according to a letter posted on the front door of the restaurant.

Established in Morningside Heights in 1971, Amir’s was known for its Middle Eastern cuisine, including various bowls and wraps, as well as multiple halal, vegan, vegetarian, all-natural and locally sourced options.

According to the letter, the restaurant will “close [its] doors for now” but plans to “‘pop-up’ really soon with a new and improved concept sticking to our historic family recipes.” Many of the restaurant's large kitchen appliances have been removed from the premises.

The restaurant was not able to be reached immediately for comment.

Read the full message posted on the front door of Amir’s below:

“It is with a heavy heart and fifty years of service that we must close our doors for now. All of us at Amir’s wish to say thank you for your loyal patronage over the years. While we feel this is not a final goodbye, we hope to “pop-up” really soon with a new and improved concept sticking to our historic family recipes. We would like to extend a special thank you to all our friends at Columbia University! Best, All of us at Amir’s”

Check back for updates.

sarah.robertson@columbiaspectator.com | @ColumbiaSpec

Amir's Grill Closing indefinitely Middle Eastern cuisine