Ah, GIFs—those moving masterpieces. They're nothing more than a collection of pixels, but they've got a certain magic to them, sort of like the animated newspaper photo- graphs in the Daily Prophet of Harry Potter lore. They've also taken over half the laptops in any given class. That's right: there's a new set of sites that have been supplanting Facebook as the primary source of distraction/procrastination. Tumblrs, to be exact: #whatshouldwecallme and How Do I Put This Gently?, sites that take many of the woes we know all too well—the stress of finals, the agony of third-wheeling—and match them to appropriate GIFs. "When the Waiter Asks if I Want to Replace My Fries with a Side Salad," for example, is accompanied by a GIF of the cat from Pinocchio adamantly shaking his head in a show of indignant refusal. Think of it as college life percolated through '90s nostalgia and modern pop culture: Snooki, SpongeBob, and every last Real Housewife as illustrations of that strange time we call our 20s. The creators should know: Both blogs are run by 20-somethings in graduate school. Other colleges have even come up with their own offshoots, in- cluding us: #whatshouldcolumbiacallme has GIFs (mostly from reality television), describing everything from "When I'm Blacked Out at the Heights" to "When My Friend Was Complaining That St. A's Didn't Invite Her to Join." I'm not going to lie. A lot of these blogs are very funny and relatable. There's nothing like seeing a clumsy Big Bird knocking over blocks with the caption "Navigating the CVS Snack Aisle After the Bar"—it's a spot-on visual representation of the silly little things we deal with regularly. But there's also some unsettling stuff on these blogs. #whatshouldcolumbiacallme, for example, contains lots of Barnard-oriented snark. (Bet you've never heard this one before: We're all lesbians!) There are a lot of first-world problems on dis- play here—things like not having enough money for booze, waiting at a restaurant for your food to arrive, or having to listen to a Pandora radio ad between songs. If you're not an upper-middle class, female college student, you probably won't be rolling on the floor in uproarious laughter. You might even find them a bit annoying. I know it's all in good fun, but it still speaks to the certain degree of entitlement we face as college students—to jobs, to food, to booze, to money. These sites also make me wonder about the degree to which online content is getting diluted these days. Why type words when you've got a sassy Mob Wives GIF to say them for you? In any case, such GIF-centric sites are unlikely to disappear from our newsfeeds—or our lives—any time soon. They may be banal, but that's part of the charm.