Klatch was last seen wearing a pink top with a grey sweater, grey leggings, and sneakers.

UPDATED Monday, May 14.

Olivia Klatch, BC ’18, has been found, and is safe and receiving care after having been reported missing, according to an email sent to the Barnard community by Dean of the College Avis Hinkson Sunday afternoon. Further information has not been released.

A senior from El Cerrito, California, Klatch had been reported missing on Saturday. She had not been seen since Thursday evening, when she left campus to visit a friend. The New York Police Department had opened an investigation, with members of the college community encouraged by Hinkson in an email sent Saturday evening to contact either Barnard Public Safety or NYPD detective Brian Schumacher with any information.

Klatch was reported missing last week in an email sent to the Barnard community by Dean of the College Avis Hinkson.

A senior from El Cerrito, California, Klatch has been missing since Thursday evening, when she left campus to visit a friend. Klatch was last seen wearing a pink shirt, a grey sweater, and grey leggings. The New York Police Department is currently investigating, and students with information are encouraged to contact either Barnard Public Safety or NYPD detective Brian Schumacher.

The full text of the email can be found below.

Dear Members of the Barnard Community,

I am writing to inform you that Olivia Klatch, a senior history major from El Cerrito, CA, has been reported missing. The New York Police Department has been notified and is investigating.

Olivia left campus on Thursday evening to visit a friend and has not returned since. Olivia was last seen wearing a pink top with a grey sweater and grey leggings and sneakers. Her photo is posted online: https://barnard.edu/news/missing-student/.

Any members of the community who may have seen Olivia or may have any information related to her possible whereabouts are asked to contact Public Safety at (212) 854-3362 or police Detective Brian Schumacher at (212) 678-1351

We are working with Olivia’s parents and the police to assist in any way we can. Our thoughts are with Olivia and her family at this difficult time. We will update the community as more information becomes available.

Respectfully,

Avis Hinkson,

Dean of the College

ainsley.bandrowski@columbiaspectator.com | @ColumbiaSpec