Dean of Undergraduate Admissions Jessica Marinaccio mailed the Class of 2020 their decision letters on Thursday.

The combined admit rate for Columbia College and the School of Engineering has dropped to 6.0 percent, University officials announced today.

According to a Columbia College spokesperson, the two schools admitted 2,193 of the 36,292 students who applied. The number of students who applied to Columbia College and SEAS increased just slightly— last year, 36,250 students applied, yielding an admit rate of 6.1 percent.

"As our applicant pool grows, the process of selecting next year's class becomes increasingly challenging," Jessica Marinaccio, the dean of undergraduate admissions and financial aid, said in a statement. "But we are confident that the Class of 2020 brings that unique combination of academic ability, leadership skills and personal characteristics that have distinguished Columbians over the years, and it makes today truly one of the most rewarding days for us in the Offices of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid and Educational Financing."

Marinaccio also noted in her statement that the students admitted on Thursday hail from all 50 states, the territories, and 85 countries. Decisions were mailed to students today at 3 p.m. on College Walk.

Check back for updates.

catie.edmondson@columbiaspectator.com | @CatieEdmondson