File Photo /

Meekins spent the last six years at Rutgers University, where she served as both the university director for student employment and the senior executive associate for the office of the senior vice president for human resources.

Molree Williams-Lendor—the Title IX coordinator and director of disability services at the University of Bridgeport—will serve as Barnard’s new Title IX coordinator and executive director of equity, Dean of the College Avis Hinkson announced in an email on Wednesday.

Williams-Lendor, who has already begun working at Barnard, is taking over the responsibilities of Associate Director for Community Standards and Deputy Title IX Coordinator Katie Wright, who served as the interim Title IX coordinator after Amy Zavadil left the position in January.

Dean of Studies Natalie Friedman will continue addressing academic and honor code violations in consultation with the Title IX office, according to Hinkson. Prevention education programs such as Being Barnard will continue to be overseen by Well-Woman Program Director Jessica Cannon and Program Coordinator for Prevention Education Cristen Kennedy, in coordination with the Title IX office. Vice President for Human Resources and Deputy Title IX Coordinator Catherine Geddis will continue handling Title IX reports from faculty and staff members.

Prior to her position at the University of Bridgeport, Williams-Lendor worked as an attorney with the city of Bridgeport and in the New York City Office of the General Counsel.

Photo courtesy of Barnard
Williams-Lendor previously served as the Title IX Coordinator and Director of Disability Services at the University of Bridgeport.

The full email can be found below.

Dear Members of the Barnard Community,

I hope you are enjoying the summer. I am pleased to officially welcome Molree Williams-Lendor, Title IX Coordinator & Executive Director of Equity, to the Barnard community.

Molree comes to Barnard from the University of Bridgeport where she served as the Title IX Coordinator and Director of Disability Services.  In this role, she worked to ensure that the University operated in compliance with state and federal laws.  Prior to her role at the University of Bridgeport, Molree served as an attorney with the City of Bridgeport, in the New York City Office of the General Counsel, and in several leading law firms.  She holds a J.D. from St. John’s University, an M.S.W. from Columbia University School of Social Work, and a B.A. in Psychology and Sociology from Georgetown University.

Earlier this year, I shared an interim operations plan for the Title IX Office, and with Molree’s appointment, I want to lay out the future operations plan.  First, however, I want to acknowledge the excellent work of Katie Wright, Associate Director for Community Standards and the Deputy Title IX Coordinator, who served as the Interim Title IX Coordinator. I also want to thank Andrea Stagg, Deputy General Counsel, who managed staff training and risk management issues related to Title IX, and provided Clery Act consultation.  Going forward, these responsibilities will be managed by Molree.

Dean of Studies Natalie Friedman, who has been addressing matters of academic integrity and possible violations of the Honor Code, will continue to do so on a permanent basis in close consultation with the Title IX Office.  Similarly, Jessica Cannon, Well Woman Program Director, and Cristen Kennedy, Program Coordinator for Prevention Education, will also coordinate closely with the Title IX office on training and campus prevention initiatives such as Being Barnard. Finally, Vice President of Human Resources and Deputy Title IX Coordinator Catherine Geddis will continue to take the lead on addressing concerns or complaints from faculty or staff.

Please join me in welcoming both Molree Williams-Lendor to Barnard.

Respectfully,

Avis Hinkson

Dean of the College

ainsley.bandrowski@columbiaspectator.com | @ACBandrowski

barnard title-ix