Courtesy of / Columbia University

Marlyn Delva, the former dean of students at the Mailman School of Public Health, has been appointed to the position of dean of students at the school of General Studies, administrators announced in an email on Wednesday afternoon.

Prior to her appointment, Delva also served as the dean of student affairs at the Mailman School of Public Health and was recently awarded the 2019 Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health Student Services Excellence Award. She holds a doctorate of education in Teachers College, and a bachelor’s degree from Barnard.

Delva’s appointment follows that of interim Dean of Students Ivonne Rojas, who stepped up after the former dean of students, Tom Harford, was dismissed for sexual harassment allegations.

The email also announced that former Associate Director of Educational Financing Daniel Rodriguez will succeed William “Skip” Bailey as the director of educational financing. In addition, former Senior Assistant Dean of Students Amber Griffiths will serve as the associate dean of student wellness, a new position General Studies Dean Lisa Rosen-Metsch created last spring.

James Colgrove, a professor and interim chair of sociomedical sciences at the Mailman School of Public Health, will serve as the dean of the Postbaccalaureate Premedical Program starting in the fall. He holds a Ph.D. from Columbia and a Master of Public Health from Mailman.

Additionally, the email announced the launch of the new General Studies website, featuring an updated interface similar to that of the other undergraduate schools.

Staff writer Emma James can be contacted at emma.james@columbiaspectator.com. Follow Spectator on Twitter @ColumbiaSpec.

General Studies Dean of Studies Tom Harford