Elza Bouhassira / Staff Photographer

Three new members were appointed to Columbia’s Board of Trustees, the University announced Thursday.

Three new members were appointed to Columbia’s board of trustees, University administrators announced in an email on Thursday morning.

Dean Dakolias, SEAS’89; Jonathan Rosand, CC’89, VP&S’94; and Fermi Wang, SEAS’89, SEAS’91; will join the 24 member board that includes University President Lee Bollinger.

The board is responsible for overseeing the University’s endowment and faculty and administrative appointments, including the President.

Currently serving on the Board of Trustees for the American School of Classical Studies at Athens, Dakolias has experience managing investments. He is also the co-chief investment officer for Fortress Credit funds business which manages over $40 billion in assets worldwide.

Dakolias has also worked on economic crisis relief for Greece through The Hellenic Initiative, an organization he co-founded.

Rosand is currently a professor of neurology at Harvard University and serves as an associate member of the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard. His research focuses on how genetics plays a role in stroke prevention and recovery. He is a critical care and vascular neurologist with an interest in the role of genetics in diseases.

Following his father’s legacy, Rosand’s family has endowed the David Rosand Professorship of Italian Renaissance Art History. He also currently serves on the Department of Art History and Archaeology’s advisory council.

Recognized by the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences in 2018, Wang is the CEO and co-founder of a fabless semiconductor company that focuses on computer vision. His products, Ambarella, include video security and driving aids.

Prior to that, Wang also held executive management positions for home media and held several patents on digital video products.

Staff writer Stephanie Lai can be contacted at stephanie.lai@columbiaspectator.com. Follow her on Twitter @stephaniealai.

Columbia board of trustees Endowment Bollinger