Monarch Heights SBS Article Cover Image

Five TikToks That Only True New Yorkers Will Understand

We’ve all seen the images of tiny New York City apartments crammed with objects, couches that double as beds, and no walking space. Now, many of us are looking for off-campus housing and weighing the pros and cons of various living spaces. We’ve compiled a list of five TikToks for your viewing pleasure that only true New Yorkers will understand:

undefined

1. The classic: Obstructed city views and repurposed household items

@isaaclikes_

Things in my ##nyc apartment that make no sense ##newyorkcity ##apartmenttour ##randomthings

♬ 아무노래(Any song) - kozico0914

Still, the view of another building’s wall can achieve a certain type of aesthetic—some would say it’s better than a painted-over white wall!

2. Taking advantage of small spaces and equipping your kitchen with useful gadgets

@latinaexplorer

##newyorkapartments ##nycapartment ##apartmenttour ##kitchen ##decor ##asthetics ##organizationhacks

♬ 아무노래(Any song) - kozico0914

Props to this New Yorker for these hacks; they really save kitchen space!

3. Oddly and illogically-placed windows

@zainebharoonn

pt. 2! 🏙 should I do an apartment tour? ##nyc ##newyork ##randomthings ##apartment ##room ##maincharacter ##foryou ##fyp ##city ##pakistan ##india ##desi ##brown

♬ 아무노래(Any song) - kozico0914

Do you think it’s appropriate to have a window in your shower? Discuss.

4. A series of unfortunate events

@karaham

Random things in my New York City Apartment that just make sense ##goingpro ##promportrait ##fyp ##nyc

♬ Eine kleine Nachtmusik - Mozart

We’ve all submitted our fair share of facility requests while living in the dorms. That hole in the bathroom where things fall into is quite unfortunate, though.

5. And our favorite…

@helenbelenjelen

some things in our new york city apartment that just make sense :) ##fyp ##nycapartments ##luxury ##fyppage @elizabethcat70 @yesitsbec @powerpuffgrrrl

♬ original sound - helenbelenjelen

This apartment is almost too charming, featuring awkward spaces to growing fungi, and of course, the yummy cockroach.

But fret no more! Monarch Heights offers you a living space that is private, space-efficient, and roach-free:

@sbsmanager

♬ Jazz Background Vibes - Perfect Playlists

Good luck searching for your new living space! We believe that no matter the housing obstacles they face, New Yorkers find a way to overcome everything.