City
courtesy of highdefdiscnews.com

Updated at 1.10 p.m.

With spring break in 10 days (YAY!) you're going to want to start devising a means of escape. Spend time you could waste studying planning your getaway with Spectrum's definitive guide to zipping from campus to airport as rapidly and economically as possible!

First, here's a look at the costs in general…

Getting to LaGuardia Airport

MTA (M60 Select Bus Service)

Route: Take the M60 Select Bus Service from the 116th Broadway bus station straight to LaGuardia.
Cost: $2.50 for a bus ticket.
Duration: 40-60 minutes (there's a 10 minute interval between buses).

Airporter Shuttle Bus

Route: Take the 1 train to Times Square, head to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, and take the Airporter shuttle bus to LaGuardia. You'll need to book online here.
Cost: A one-way ticket costs $14, and a round trip costs $28. If you include the $2.75 it'll take to get to Times Square, you're looking at $16.75 for a one-way ride, and $33.50 for a round trip (including a subway ride back to campus when you return).
Duration: Depending on the time of day, the bus journey takes 45-60 minutes. This does not factor in how long getting to Times Square from campus will take.

Uber

Route: Order an Uber car using the app. It will take you door-to-door, campus-to-terminal.
Cost: Uber offers 3 cars, the cheapest being a standard car, the UberX, which will cost $16-22 to get from campus to LaGuardia. You can opt for an SUV which will cost $42-51.
Duration: 22-30 minutes.

Yellow Cab

Route: Hail a cab like a true New Yorker, and head straight to your terminal.
Cost: Unlike trips to JFK, New York cabs don't charge a flat rate to go to LaGuardia. Prices usually range from $35-45.
Duration: 22-30 minutes.

Getting to John F. Kennedy International Airport

MTA

Route: Take the 1 train to Columbus Circle, where you'll transfer to the A train. Ride the A train and alight at Howard Beach-JFK Airport where you'll transfer to the AirTrain.
Cost: $2.50 to take the subway, $5.00 to take the AirTrain.
Duration: 70-85 minutes.

Airporter Shuttle Bus

Route: Take the 1 train to Times Square, head to the Port Authority Bus Terminus, and take the Airporter bus to JFK. You'll need to book online here.
Cost: a one-way ticket costs $16, and a round trip costs $30. If you include the $2.75 it'll take to get to Times Square, you're looking at $18.75 for a one-way ride, and $35.50 for a round trip (including a subway back to campus when you return).
Duration: Depending on the time of day, the bus journey takes 40-60 minutes. This does not factor in how long getting to Times Square from campus will take.

Uber

Cost: Uber offers 3 cars, the cheapest being a standard car, the UberX which will cost $65-66 to get from campus to LaGuardia. You can opt for an SUV which will cost $135.
Duration: 40-60 minutes.

Yellow Cab

Cost: Cabs charge a flat rate from anywhere on Manhattan to JFK. Including tip, tolls and other monetary leeches, this will usually cost you $60-70.
Duration: 40-60 minutes.

Stay safe and travel swaggily!

via earloffabulousness / tumblr

Sophia Hotung is a first-year at Barnard College who spends too much time making graphs and dollar bills sporting implausible monetary values instead of studying for midterms. @spherehotung

airports travel jfk laguardia taxi uber mta mr bean subway bus m60 save money save time spring break