2875 Broadway

We are excited to announce the launch of Eat@CU, a new mobile app that will transform the way we eat around the Morningside Heights area. Details about the features of the app can be found here, as well in the additional information included below. Download the app here.

We know enjoying good food and drinks in Morningside Heights with a student budget can be tricky, and we created Eat@CU to help in two ways.

First, Eat@CU's rewards program allows you to earn rewards by collecting stars at some of your favorite local eateries.  Whether you're enjoying a beer with friends at Bernheim or Mel's, getting your late-night milkshake and fries at Tom's, or picking up supplies for your pregame at International, Eat@CU's rewards program allows you to earn free food and drinks.

Second, we've worked with bars and restaurants to secure deals exclusively for app users that will become available over the course of the semester. Push notifications will keep you informed as we secure more and more deals and discounts for our users. In addition, the app's deal page aggregates these exclusive deals with existing ones in the neighborhood.

We also hope that through the original reviews, ratings, and photographs of over 130 Morningside Heights eateries, you might give a restaurant a try that you had never stumbled upon before.

We're really proud of the app and hope you find it useful. We welcome any suggestions or comments about the app. Any feedback is good feedback, and if, like us, you like what you see, be sure to share the app with your friends!

Michael Ouimette

President, Spectator Publishing Company

Samantha Cooney

Vice President of Publications, Spectator Publishing Company

Daniel Friedman

Vice President of Business & Innovations, Spectator Publishing Company

Additional Information: 

Eat@CU:  “Your Routine, Now with Rewards” 

Launch party: 

Spectator invites all who download the app to a launch party on Thursday, March 5 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Bernheim and Schwartz. There will be free food and drink specials, and, of course, you can collect reward stars!

App Features: 

REWARD YOURSELF: 

Eat@CU lets users earn free food and drinks at the best eateries in Morningside Heights.

Users earn rewards by collecting stars each time they make a purchase at eateries participating in the rewards program. Each eatery has several rewards that it makes available through the app, like a free pint of beer at Mel's or a free lunch special at Thai Market. Stars collected from each eatery can be used to redeem rewards at any participating eatery.

EXPLORE THE FOOD SCENE: 

Eat@CU features original reviews of over 130 restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and more between 96th Street and 125th Street. With our restaurant profiles, quickly look up what's open now, filter by rating and price, and discover a new restaurant. It might even be below 110th Street.

Eateries participating in the rewards program include: Amir's Grill, International's Wine & Spirits, Thai Market, Bernheim and Schwartz, Mel's Burger Bar, Tom's Restaurant, Brad's, The Heights Bar & Grill, and 16 Handles. More coming soon!

GIFT STARS: 

Just a couple of stars away from that free drink at Mel's or The Heights? Join forces with your friends to make it happen. Transfer stars to your heart's content through Eat@CU to earn rewards with your friends even faster.