Courtesy of BBC

On Campus

Over 450 graduate students protest the sexual respect education program A group of Columbia students is looking to draw attention on campus to a national campaign to raise the minimum wage. Barnard professor and Columbia alumna Catharine Nepomnyashchy died on Saturday morning after battling lung cancer. She was 64.

Outside the Bubble

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel apologized on Monday for making what were widely condemned as racist comments last week. The pollution enveloping Paris , which usually enjoys relatively clean air for a city its size, has prompted warnings to the young and elderly to avoid even moderate exercise. South Korean activists have decided that the time is not yet right to attempt to fly balloons into North Korea carrying copies of “The Interview.”

Hundreds of New Haveners gathered in Battell Chapel Friday to mourn the passing and celebrate the life of John C. Daniels, New Haven’s first black mayor. A Massachusetts Superior Court judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by a group of Harvard students against the University late last year, which urged Harvard to divest from fossil fuel companies. Goldstein-Rose, an engineering and public policy concentrator at Brown University, has helped lead public input sessions on a state climate bill and communicated with a coalition of environmental groups, local businesses and labor groups.

What's Happening Today

Go to the Pop-Up Concert: Yarn/Wire today from 6:00-7:00 p.m. at Miller Theater for a drink and a unique musical performance. The SIPA Gender Policy Working Group (GPWG) and the Urban and Social Policy Concentration (USP) present Public Policy Challenges: Women's Empowerment in New York City . Come learn from and engage with leading practitioners on New York law, policy, and services related to violence against women from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at the International Affairs Building, Room 1512. Legal historian Annette Gordon-Reed will discuss the way law influences the portrayal of enslaved women and their families from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at Barnard College’s Diana Center.
netanyahu paris pollution The Interview korea New Haven harvard brown wake up call wuc