via danbransfield / Instagram

Yep, we've all been there: trying to find a way to pass an hour and a half waiting for our laundry to wash and dry. These days, the laundry scene is just too ruthless for you to walk away in the middle of the spin cycle, hoping that for once you won't return to find your clothes in a wet pile on the floor. Even worse, arriving only to discover your (finally) dry underwear strewn across the floor for all to see because someone couldn't waIT TWO FLIPPIN MINUTES FOR YOU TO COME BACK DOWNSTAIRS (I'm looking at YOU Kendra)!!

via giphy.com

We here at Spectrum compiled a list of a few things to do to pass the time while you wait:

1. Act like you're actually, maybe, kinda, reading the Odyssey (or Sappho, or whatever).
2. Make a to-do list of everything you could be doing instead of wasting another hour in the god-forsaken basement laundry room (eating, sleeping, Netflix, etc.)
3. Pop lock & drop some Tide Pods into your next load of delicates. Who said the Wallach laundry room can't be lit now and then??

via gifbin.com

4. Gather a group to perform a seance in hopes that you may summon the super cute pink socks you lost when doing laundry last week.

via giphy.com

5. Fold some of the ever-growing piles of forgotten laundry surrounding you (because unlike that psycho Kendra you ACTUALLY HAVE A SOUL) (YES KENDRA I'M LOOKING AT YOU AGAIN).
6. Explore the boiler room in the underground tunnel connecting Wallach and John Jay. (Spec is not responsible for any physical injury sustained during the suggested exploration.)
7. Go beg Hartley Hospitality to help you get your clothes out of the washing machine AFTER IT FREAKING BREAKS FOR THE SIXTY-SEVENTH TIME THIS WEEK.
8. Collapse on the floor in a completely Brittney 2007 emotional breakdown when you realize all of the dryers you need have at least 30 minutes left on them.

via giphy.com

9. Cut your eyes at Kendra when she finally comes to pick up her ugly-ass polka dot sheets that you folded so nicely for her.

via giphy.com

10. Ask yourself why you didn't pregame this nightmare, like we had advised you to (srsly, what were you thinking??).

via giphy.com

dorm life domestic goddess life how to