City
tastingtable // instagram

Any true New Yorker knows that nowhere does bagels better than the Big Apple. But with so many options, how does anyone avoid sensory overload and choose one shop to stop at for their fill of boiled doughy deliciousness?

If you find yourself dazed and confused in a sea of carbs, have no fear. Spectrum is here to point you toward the best bagels NYC has to offer.

(We didn't do Nussbaum because no one likes stating the obvious, and y'all need to expand your horizons. Even if expanded horizons = 107th Street.)

The 2016 Spectrum Best Bagel Award

Located on Broadway between 107th and 108th, Absolute Bagels is regarded by bagel connoisseurs as the #1 shop in the city.

Best of all, you can get there without having to either a) walk so far you begin sweating profusely in the store, or b) step foot on the subway.

Price range: $1.70 - $6.85

@tastingtable / via Instagram

The 2016 Spectrum Best Menu Award

Any foodie on the hunt for a bagel with a gourmet spin needs to hit up Black Seed Bagels ASAP.

Their three locations (NoLIta, Battery Park City, and East Village) require a pretty far trek from Columbia's campus, but their extensive selection of signature sandwiches, seasonal sandwiches, and classic bagels will make your journey worth it.

Price range: $1.50 - $15

@tastingtable / via Instagram

The 2016 Spectrum Thrifty Bagel Award

The Midtown East staple Ess-a-Bagel on 3rd Avenue and 51st Street doesn't mess around when it comes to giving their customers what they want.

At the pleasing price of $1.25 per bagel or $15 for their baker's dozen, your wallet and your stomach will be singing this store's praises.

@suyeoneee_ / via Instagram

The 2016 Spectrum Most Ubiquitous NY Bagel Spot Award

If you're downtown and don't want to go deliberately looking for one of the above bagel havens, chances are you'll find a Dunkin' Donuts around the next corner. The coffee is bomb, and the bagels are even better.

Although bagel snobs might turn up their noses at the orange and pink logo, don't let the haters get you down. For just 99 cents, these cheap-ass bagels are underrated AF.

Long story short, bagel consumption is closely correlated to happiness. Stop by any of these stores to get your daily quota of joy in circular form.

food bagels nyc