@iowacityphotographer / via Tumblr

You get a shrimp boat, you get a shrimp boat, you all get a shrimp boat!

You want a lobster tail? How about five! 

Garlic bread for EVERYONE! 

Okay, so now that you're hyped, it's time to talk about the most important night of your life: Surf and Turf Dinner.

For those of you who don't know, Surf and Turf Dinner is the one night of the year on which Columbia Dining tries to make up for serving bruised bananas and saying that they will have Chef Mike make pineapple upside-down cakes and then just not.

Surf and Turf Dinner is no ordinary CU Dining theme night, it's a mission, and you need to be equipped to conquer it. You can't just walk on the lawns and approach three boats (yes, boats) full of shrimp all willy-nilly.

Here are some ways to ensure that, on Tuesday evening, you have the best surf and turf dining experience ever.

Appreciate the event.

As I said last year, this is a time to live out your dreams of being hyper-classy and highbrow. Respect the food, and you'll be golden.

Come hungry.

This is the only time that a meal swipe is going to get you ice cream, steak, lobster, shrimp, stuffed peppers, bread rolls, and more. Don't play yourself and show up semi-full.

Know your dining options.

"Serves" up on Butler lawns starting at 5. Don't go to Hewitt or JJ's pumped for some fruits of the sea. You'll be sad.

Be wary of peak times.

It might not be the best idea to go at 6 p.m. or at 7:30 p.m. because the lines are likely to be long. Nothing ruins a surf and turf experience like having to fight for a lobster tail.

Know all your food options.

Unfortunately, surf and turf doesn't offer many options for vegetarians, which is a major bummer.

For those of you who are fans of eating critters, take a lap before deciding on what to get. You don't want to fill yourself up on shrimp and regret not being able to try the rice pilaf because you didn't see it earlier.

Be gracious to the dining staff.

If they tell you to slow your roll of the lobster rolls so everyone can get one, slow your roll, bro.

Don’t be the absolute worst.

Be considerate of your fellow surf and turf-appreciating peers so that everyone can enjoy the experience. Definitely don't be a loiterer and occupy a table way after your finish eating. Other people want to sit back and eat shrimp, too.

Cut yourself some slack.

Finals suck and essays are grueling. Make sure you take time out of your day to have a wonderful surf and turf experience and stuff your mouth to the point that your problem set becomes only a distant memory.

All gifs courtesy of giphy.com.

surf and turf dining food