In the Loop
@tishlynn89 / via Instagram

This Thanksgiving had three highlights for many people: turkey, turkey dumping back-home beaus, and the Gilmore Girls "A Year in the Life" revival.

Believe me, many of us were blubbering at 3 a.m. Friday morning.

Many a Barnard and Columbia hooligan loves Gilmore Girls not just for its witty banter and binge-watching accessibility, but also because of the effervescent mama Gilmore, played by Barnard alumna Lauren Graham, BC '88. Long story short, if you were feeling extra pumped for the long-anticipated revival, you had good justifications.

And if a Gilmore Girls comeback wasn't enough, the Barnard Young Alumnae will be hosting a viewing party for the first episode of "A Year in the Life," and Lauren Graham has "agreed to attend and say a few words," according to an email from Dean Hinkson.

Dean Hinkson = Lorelai. Us = Rory.

Although seating will be limited, three tickets will be offered in a lottery to Barnard students. So if you're a Barnie, you pretty much have the opportunity to hear the woman who coined the phrase "Oy with the poodles already" speak in the actual flesh. :O

You know the scene, but just in case. It’s a classic.

The lottery will be open until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 30, and winners will be notified by Dec. 1. The event is on Saturday, Dec. 3 at 7 p.m., so on the off chance that you have something to do, and on the even offer chance that you actually win, make sure to adjust your schedule accordingly.

To enter the lottery, follow the link to the Google Form that you received in your gBear account. I want to wish you luck, but I've also entered the lottery, so I fear that doing so would be counterproductive to my selfish desires.

Watched the Gilmore Girls revival? Were hoping to see "Oy with the poodles already" make a comeback? Comment down below, Tweet us, or Snapchat us at @CUSpectrum to discuss all things GG related.

Veronica Grace Taleon is Spectrum's deputy editor and a Barnard sophomore. The first article she ever wrote for Spec was Gilmore Girls themed, so she feels like everything has come full circle. Reach her at veronica.taleon@columbiaspectator.com.

All gifs courtesy of giphy.com.

Updated Tuesday Nov. 29, 2016 8:16 p.m. A previous version of this blog post linked only to the sophomore's Google Form and not the other classes'. Spectrum regrets the error.

Updated Monday Nov. 28, 2016 1:09 p.m. A previous version of this blog post noted that only sophomore can enter the lottery. The lottery, however, is open to all Barnard students. Spectrum regrets the error.

gilmore girls Lauren Graham in the loop