The Shaft
@alumniofcolumbiacollege / via Instagram

Spectrum will be producing content and products on The Shaft from now until housing selection in early April. We think we’ve got a lot of the issues covered, but if at any time you have questions about The Shaft or housing selection at Barnumbia, let us know and we’ll be able to cover it.

Arguably the most important thing you’ll need to know about housing selection is when you should expect to do everything. For CC, SEAS, and BC, you have an application you need to fill out); here are the dates you’ll need to mark down.

CC and SEAS

At Columbia, there are two paths you can choose: going in as a group to the Cage (John Jay Lounge, the place where you’ll be selecting your new dorm), or going in as an individual or group and selecting your room online. Whichever one you choose will determine your housing timeline, so make sure you’re looking at the right dates.

BC

Though Barnumbians can chose to go in individually or in groups, their housing selection process is a bit different because there’s no online option—all of it is done in Brooks Lounge.

Make sure you bookmark this page—it’s easy and convenient, and we’ll be updating it as we hear of more important events.

Have any questions about housing selection or The Shaft? Know of a date we missed? Let us know on Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat @CUSpectrum.

Veronica Grace Taleon is Spectrum’s editor and a Barnard sophomore. If anyone wants to form a group with her and save her from the fire of Elliott, she’d much appreciate it. Reach her at veronica.taleon@columbiaspectator.com.

the shaft housing schedule housing selection