Lifestyle
@ justine_miller / via Instagram

If you are a family member or a friend of a graduating senior, it’s crucial that you make your hotel reservations now (you probably should have done it a few weeks ago, but we can’t all be perfect).

If you’ve already done some browsing and you’re disheartened because they’re all sold out, don’t worry—many other hotels in New York City are only a short ride away on the 1 train, so you can still find a convenient place to rest your head, even if it’s not super close to campus.

Price guide:

• $ = $130 or less per night
  • $$ = $131 to 185 per night
  • $$$ = $186 to 250 per night
  • $$$$ = $251 and up per night

Hotel Beacon NYC

All rooms and suites at Hotel Beacon NYC come with fully equipped kitchenettes. Hotel amenities and services include a fitness center, complimentary Wi-Fi, a cocktail lounge, same-day valet dry cleaning, nearby parking (though you’ll have to pay for it, of course), sound-resistant windows, and a self-service laundry room.

• Price: $$$$
  • Address: 2130 Broadway (75th Street and Broadway)
  • Phone: 212-787-1100 or 800-572-4969

Row NYC Hotel

Row NYC Hotel is right in the center of the city. Like Hotel Beacon NYC, Row has free Wi-Fi, a fitness room, valet parking (but with extra charge), and a one-dollar breakfast at its restaurant, District M. The hotel also offers specials and packages, which includes a $10 parking package.

• Price: $
  • Address: 700 Eighth Avenue (44th Street and Eighth Avenue)
  • Phone: 212-869-3600

Hudson Hotel

You might choose this hotel for the entertainment within the hotel, including Hudson Common, a beer hall and burger restaurant; Hudson Bar, a cocktail bar and lounge; Sky Terrace, an English garden with views of the city; and Private Park, a garden oasis in the middle of a bustling city. The Hudson is also located near Central Park, Columbus Circle, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, and the theater district, so it’s ideal for families who plan on seeing a performance or two during their time in the city.

• Price: $$
  • Address: 358 West 58th Street (58th Street and Ninth Avenue)
  • Phone: 212-554-6000 or 800-606-6090

The Maritime Hotel

The Maritime Hotel is located right in Chelsea, meaning that you won’t have to search far for good dining every night. If you’re looking for something a bit more luxurious, this is the place for you.

• Price: $$$$
  • Address: 363 West 16th Street (17th Street and Ninth Avenue)
  • Phone: 212-242-4300

NYLO New York

Like Hudson Hotel, NYLO New York City is also a short walk from Lincoln Center, the American Museum of Natural History, and the historic Beacon Theatre. This place is pet-friendly, so if you were thinking of bringing Spot along (or want to maximize your chances of running into a dog in the hallway), this is the place for you.

• Price: $$$
  • Address: 2178 Broadway (77th Street and Broadway)
  • Phone: 212-362-1100 or 800-509-7598

The Lucerne Hotel

This place looks super posh on the outside, but it isn’t as expensive as places like NYLO and the Maritime. It has convenient parking near Central Park, 24-hour in-room dining, spa services, and a fitness center. They have semi-frequent sales that you should watch out for, such as a flash sale (to save up to 25 percent off of any type of room in April or May)—or stay Sunday night and automatically receive 15 percent off.

• Price: $$
  • Address: 201 West 79th Street (79th Street and Amsterdam Avenue)
  • Phone: 212-875-1000 or 800-492-8122

The Travel Inn Hotel

The Travel Inn Hotel is just a short walk away from the 42nd Street subway station, or if you bring your car, there’s on-site parking.

• Price: $$
  • Address: 515 West 42nd Street (42nd Street and 10th Avenue)
  • Phone: 212-695-7171 or 800-869-4630

If you are a senior, this list could be a lifesaver. If you’re not a senior (or a family member or a friend of a senior), still take the time to plan ahead so that you can avoid last-minute hassles before your own graduation and have more time to enjoy this amazing milestone.

Have questions about Commencement? Ask us on our Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat @CUSpectrum.

Sein An is a Spectrum staff writer and a Columbia-Juilliard Exchange first-year. She’ll miss all the seniors. Reach her at sein.an@columbiaspectator.com.

graduation commencement class of 2017