The sun is shining, spring is finally here. All is good in the world (if you ignore the fact that finals are looming), so make sure you come through to Spec’s Free Food Expo today from 12-2 p.m. on Van Am Quad (right outside of John Jay Hall).
This should take you about five seconds, and afterwards you’ll be allowed to enjoy some great food from local restaurateurs beneath the 81 degree sun. Here’s who you can expect to see tomorrow:
- Papa John's (pizza)
- Legend Upper West (Chinese)
- Lolo's Seafood Shack (coastal comfort foods)
- Happy Hot Hunan (Chinese)
- Amir's (Middle Eastern)
- Taqueria Y Fonda (Mexican)
- Hamilton Deli (deli)
- La toulousaine (French bakery and cafe)
- Oasis Jimma Juice (juices, smoothies, and healthy foods)
- Bareburger (organic burgers)
- Handpulled Noodle (Chinese street food)
- Nabe Harlem (Japanese hot pot)
- Subway (sub sandwiches)
- Geisha Sushi (Japanese)
- Silvana (Middle Eastern)
- Makana (Hawaiian and Japanese BBQ)
- Canteen 82 (Chinese-American)
- Shaking Crab (New Orlean Cajun-style seafood)
- Guayaki Yerba Mate (beverage)
- Crepes on Columbus (breakfast)
Have a good time in the sun this final Friday of the school year—after such a long semester, you definitely deserve some time off before the grind of finals begin. Again: 12-2 p.m. on Van Am Quad. Like the Columbia Daily Spectator, Spectrum, and The Eye on Facebook, and subscribe to the Wake Up Call to get in. Make sure you get there early so you’re not stuck in line!
Veronica Grace Taleon is Spectrum’s editor and a Barnard sophomore. The fact that Crepes on Columbus will be there tomorrow makes up for the fact that the semester felt like it was centuries long. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.