Save the Date
Kate Gerhart / Senior Staff Illustrator

Valentine’s Day may be over, but we’ve got every solution possible for your post-Valentine’s blues: There are still a lot of love, sex, and self-care related events going on both on and off campus. Here is the ultimate list of events in the city—whether you want to continue to celebrate, take some time to recover, or just indulge in some self-love.

LOVE (YOURSELF)

CCSC Presents: Mozzarella Mondays

About: What describes self-love better than eating mozzarella? I can’t think of anything, either. Thanks to CCSC, every Monday night there will be free mozzarella sticks, fries, and snacks in the Broadway lounge. Honestly, if you can love yourself even half as much as you love mozzarella, you’re doing it right.

When and Where: From Feb. 19 to May 7, 9 p.m. in Broadway Lounge, Lerner Hall.

Miss/chief//Sistaspin: Love Yourself

About: This post-Valentine’s bash is the perfect opportunity to, well, love yourself. It’s a diverse, all-ages party that has the best tunes to keep you grooving through the night.

Admission Fee: tickets $10

When and Where: Feb. 24, 11:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. at Silent Barn (603 Bushwick Ave., Brooklyn).

POST V-DAY VENTURES

Love Hangover

About: If Valentine’s Day really got you down, taking a kickboxing class at Rise Fitness is what you need to get back on your feet—the perfect way to let all of your pent-up frustration out this week! Plus, the times will probably not clash with any of your classes, and if they do, well, why are you taking them?

When and Where: Feb. 19 to 23, 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., Rise Brooklyn Fitness (529 5th Ave., Brooklyn).

Drunken Shakespeare: Love Hangover

About: This is it. A place to finally “strut your Stratfordian swagger.” It doesn’t matter if you wish to be Romeo or Juliet, Lysander or Demetrius, Helena or Hermia. If you miss your ninth grade literature class, or just want to go wild on stage with your S.O. or bestie, Drunken Shakespeare has got you covered.

When and Where: Feb. 19, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. at Bar Nine (807 9th Ave.).

A Post Valentine’s Day Comedy Event

About: Not only is it post V-Day, it’s also midterm season. This event is hosted by A.G White, and stars Mike Troy and MeMe Simpson. We all could have something to laugh at that isn’t our GPA.

Admission Fee: $10 for advance tickets, and $20 for tickets at the door.

When and Where: Feb. 21, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the 3 Black Cats Café and Cakery (3 Belmont Ave., Brooklyn).

CAMPUS CATCHES

Junzi After Hours (at Columbia University)

About: The go-to place for late night food, cocktails, and chill vibes with your S.O., your best friends, or even by yourself. Junzi Kitchen has the most adorable juice-box cocktails that are all you need to feel the love. The best part? This after-hours event is available every weekend.

nafisa.saeed@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpectrum

lifestyle events romance columbia barnard love relationships city city life new york city nyc