SOCIAL
GOV BALL /

Got post-Bacchanal blues? We do too. But never fear, Spectrum is here, with a list of six music festivals in New York to keep you lit all summer. Whether you like R&B, indie pop, or (*gasp*) even country, these music festivals will guarantee you an unforgettable summer break.

Governors Ball NYC 2018

Where: Randall’s Island Park, NYC

When: 11:45 a.m. from Friday, June 1 to Sunday, June 3.

How much: $115 for general admission single day

Gov Ball is one of the most famous music festivals across the globe. This years line up includes Eminem, Travis Scott, Halsey, Khalid, Post Malone, Chvrches, Lil Uzi Vert, Galantis, 6LACK, and Russ to name a few. There are over 60 artists across four stages and all genres. Who needs Coachella when you have Gov Ball?

Afropunk Brooklyn 2018

Where: Commodore Barry Park, Brooklyn

When: Saturday, August 25 to Sunday, August 26

How much: $50-60 for general admission single day

This festival, based in Brooklyn, includes performances from groundbreaking artists like Daniel Caesar, Tyler, the Creator, Miguel, Janelle Monae, Jaden Smith, H.E.R, Jamila Woods and Jessie Reyez. Feel the music and let loose before the new semester begins.

SummerStage 2018

Where: Across all five boroughs of NYC, mainstage is in Central Park.

When: This year’s festival runs from May to September.

How much: Ticket prices range from $40-60

SummerStage NYC is an amalgamation of anyone from indie rock artists to the most well known hip-hop artists. Typically, there are events each day of the summer including both free concerts, dance parties, live poetry, theater, ballet, and an outdoor opera series.

Electric Zoo Festival 2018

Where: Randall’s Island Park, NYC

When: Friday, August 31 to Sunday, September 2.

How much: $255 for general admission for two days

This EDM festival features DJs like Martin Garrix, Illenium, Marshmello, Kaskade, Alan Walker, and over 50 more! If you are an EDM fan (or even if you aren’t), the fireworks and lights will brighten your Labor Day weekend.

Panorama Music Festival

Where: Randall’s Island Park, NYC

When: Friday, July 27 to Sunday, July 29.

How much: $80 for general admission single day

This eclectic music festival features artists ranging from Cardi B to Dua Lipa! Other artists include SZA, Daniel Caesar, The Weeknd, St. Vincent, Janet Jackson, Migos, ODESZA, Sabrina Claudio, and the Killers.

GrassRoots Festival 2018

Where: Trumansburg, NY

When: Thursday, July 19 to Sunday, July 22

How much: $115 for all four days with early bird admission until May 1 $125 for all 4 days. Children under 12 are free!

The GrassRoots Festival takes place in the scenic Finger Lakes region of New York. The nonprofit brings over 80 bands for a weekend of music, dance, and camping. It’s fun AND for a good cause.

columbia barnard festivals music nyc