Lifestyle
Jaime Danies / Senior Staff Photographer

Spectrum is launching a new running series of monthly horoscopes, where we will be analyzing trends in the stars and universe and how that affects you. We will be answering the question of what each sign means to you and guiding you through the month with tips and fun facts to mark the start of a new sign and the end of another—so stay tuned and talk stars with us!

There are only a few days left in Virgo season before we enter Libra on September 23, and, as a Capricorn myself, I am not sure I’m ready for it to end yet. Virgo season, marked by its aura of calmness, serenity, and peace of mind, has hopefully helped you settle back into the routines of fall classes after a rowdy summer in Leo.

While Virgo season is in full force, the two other earth signs, Taurus and Capricorn, are probably thriving the most as their positive traits are brought out, showering them with more focus and drive. The earth sign energies are comforting, especially after the long, tragic series of retrogrades that all of us have been feeling for the past few months. Virgo season is probably a good opportunity to pick up some momentum and recover from those Mercury retrogrades!

Virgo season also marks the last official month of summer, fully preparing us for sweater weather and pumpkin spice everything. This is the perfect time for organizing, setting goals, and making new habits, like hitting up new libraries (I heard Milstein, Avery, and East Asian library are popular picks) or finding workout buddies to go to Dodge with.

This is the perfect opportunity to say no to procrastination, and put words into actions! Some of our favorite Virgo celebrities are Salma Hayek, Amy Winehouse, and our one of only, Queen B, Beyoncé! Virgos can be intimidating because of their perfectionist nature, but, I mean, look around, aren’t your Virgo friends just the most driven and detail-oriented people you know?

Treat yourself with this last stretch of positive Virgo energy and get excited for Libra season!

We are so excited to be launching this series and we hope to tailor our horoscope reports as close to your needs as possible. Please let us know any feedback you have and any kind of content you would like to see by filling out this Google form or emailing grace.lin@columbiaspectator.com. You can even add her on Co-Star, if you’d like.

Columbia Barnard Horoscope Virgo September