Social

I think we can agree: Halloween is the best holiday. Whether it be trick-or-treating, watching horror movies, or carving jack-o-lanterns that does it for you, Halloween offers something for everyone. Although you might’ve attended a few Halloween events this weekend, there’s something special about the day itself. So without further ado, read on to find out what to do (on and off campus) to get your spook on this Wednesday.

On-campus:

1. Reverse Trick or Treat

If you love free candy (and who doesn’t), make sure to hit up Lerner Ramps between 11:00am - 2:00pm on Wednesday to stock up on Columbia’s dime :)

2. Creepy at Columbia: Halloween Haunted House

Make sure to come back to Lerner later in the evening (between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.) to really get spooked out at Undergraduate Student Life’s first ever haunted house! Note: participation is free but limited to only Columbia College and Columbia Engineering students.

3. Trick or SWEeting

If you’re just a big kid, and want a more traditional Halloween experience, put on your costume and stop by the 14th floor sky lounge at Broadway Residence Hall between 6:00pm - 8:00pm to join SWE (Society of Women Engineers) in a costume competition, pumpkin and cookie decorating, horror movie watching, and more.

Off-campus:

1. New York City’s 45th Annual Village Halloween Parade

If you’re really feeling the post-midterm cabin fever, take the subway down to 6th Avenue and Canal Street between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. to join tens of thousands of participants and over 2 million spectators in “the largest public participatory event in the greatest city in the world.” Note: if you want join the parade, you must have a costume. This year’s theme is “I AM a Robot!”

2. Mel’s Halloween Beer Pong

Everything’s better with beer, so if you’re over 21 and want to spice up Halloween evening with some alcoholic beverages, make sure to head down to Mel’s to participate in Halloween-themed beer pong!

Barnard Columbia Halloween