Social

What better way is there to take a break from work than to see a great movie? With Thanksgiving break approaching and the release of some amazing Oscar-level movies, here are eight blockbusters worth seeing this November.

The Grinch: This is the perfect movie for those of you who feel like it’s never too early to start getting into the Christmas spirit. Starring Benedict Cumberbatch, not only will you have a good laugh seeing this movie, but you’ll even get to learn a little more about the Grinch’s backstory. Overall, this movie will make your heart grow three sizes.

Bohemian Rhapsody: This movie about Queen’s lead singer Freddie Mercury is a great move for those of you who need to feel a little less “Under Pressure.” It’s not only a movie that already has some Oscar-buzz, but it’s a fun way for all you Queen fans out there to learn more about Freddie Mercury and hear all your favorite songs, from the six-minute “Bohemian Rhapsody” to “We Are the Champions.”

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: While this movie, TBH, seems pretty strange, it also looks pretty entertaining and definitely has an eye-popping look to it. Disney’s newest movie definitely brings a different perspective to the classic story of the Nutcracker. Following Clara’s journey through the Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers, Land of Sweets, and a dangerous fourth realm controlled by the tyrant Mother Ginger, this movie shows a much darker side of the Nutcracker than is usual.

A Star is Born: Since it is the era of remakes and revivals, of course Hollywood would remake this classic story. Starring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, who are both AMAZING vocalists, this movie is 100 percent worth watching. Even though it will for sure make you feel like an emotional wreck and is the fourth time remake of this story, you really shouldn’t miss this movie. The only con (if we can call it that) is that you’ll probably be singing “Shallow” for the next couple of weeks.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: I’m sure all you Harry Potter fans out there can’t wait for this movie to come out. With a star-studded cast, amazing visuals, and J.K. Rowling as the author, this movie promises to be another amazing wizarding world movie. It comes out in theaters on Nov. 16, giving you just enough time to rewatch the first movie in the Fantastic Beasts series before seeing part two over Thanksgiving break.

Ralph Breaks the Internet: When all of the Sugar Rush residents have to evacuate, Ralph and Vanellope end up visiting the Internet. This movie is full of pop culture references that are guaranteed to make you laugh. There are so many Disney cameos from Dumbo to Star Wars and the trailer even shows the characters taking a trip to the Dark Net. Overall, this movie, which will come out in theaters Nov. 20, definitely looks like a fun way to take a break from all the work you already aren’t doing.

The Favorite: This movie, in theaters Nov. 22, definitely doesn’t seem like your classic period drama movie, which is exactly why you should see it. It’s about the close relationship between Queen Anne and Lady Sarah Churchill that becomes threatened by the arrival of Sarah’s cousin, Abigail Masham. The trailers alone make the movie look like it will be funny, dramatic, and overall very entertaining.

Robin Hood: For those of you who love a good action movie, the new Robin Hood seems like a perfect movie for you to see this November. Starring Taron Egerton and Jamie Foxx, this movie, which will be in theaters Nov 20, looks like it’ll have its fair share of intricate fight scenes and, of course, the classic romance story embedded in between.

Barnard Columbia Blockbuster