In the loop
Olivia Treynor / Senior Staff Photographer

Is cabin fever starting to settle in? Do not worry! Spectrum has comprised a list of free online resources that can help you continue doing the activities you love while keeping your community safe.

Entertainment:

Sling TV

You can watch live television on Sling TV for free every day from 5 p.m. to midnight. Available channels include CNN, AMC, and HGTV.

Psych!

In this app, users come up with fake answers to real trivia questions, and players have to try to find the correct (but crazy) real answer. Try to stump your friends!

Tribeca Film Festival

Curated shorts from the Tribeca Film Festival stream every day at 11 a.m. Exclusive online premiers are available to ensure every film buff gets their fix during the quarantine.

The Shows Must Go On!

Courtesy of Andrew Lloyd Webber, the YouTube channel “The Shows Must Go On!” offers free musicals every Friday at 2 p.m., and each show remains available for 48 hours.

Netflix Party

This Chrome extension synchronizes playback of your favorite Netflix shows and movies so you can watch them with your friends in real-time if you have a Netflix subscription. The extension also creates a group chat at the side of the screen so you can chat with your friends while you stream.

The Digital Concert Hall

Enjoy free access to live concerts from the Berlin Philharmonic. Each performance compilation is tailored to a special theme to ensure a unique listening experience.

LSO Play

The London Symphony Orchestra has presented online access to a number of its show-stopping performances. Pieces include the works of Igor Stravinsky, Claude Debussy, and Dmitri Shostakovich.

The Metropolitan Opera

Get your nightly opera fix with free access to Metropolitan Opera performances at 7:30 p.m. from its “Life in HD” series. Supplementary content is available with each production to enhance the viewing experience.

Tours:

The J. Paul Getty Museum

Take a virtual tour of the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles. The online edition includes access to the exhibits within the museum, as well as additional books, videos, and podcasts.

British Museum

The British Museum in London has gone digital to provide guests with a quarantine-friendly experience. Behind-the-scenes content is also available in the museum’s podcast channel.

Google Arts and Culture

Google Arts and Culture enables access to high-resolution pictures of artwork in thousands of museums as well as virtual tours of famous museums from around the world.

Louvre Museum

Use this time to take an online visit to the Louvre Museum in Paris. This online content holds in-depth knowledge about its pieces as well as the building itself.

Access Mars

Join the Curiosity Rover to explore the surface of Mars. There are 360-degree views now available as you explore the red planet.

Edinburgh Zoo

Enjoy live webcams of your favorite animals, courtesy of the Edinburgh Zoo. Exhibits include pandas, penguins, koalas, and tigers.

San Diego Zoo

Tune in every day at 10 a.m. PST via Facebook for live interactions with the beloved animals of the San Diego Zoo. Live cams are also available, with footage of baboons, pandas, and polar bears.

Mental Health:

Insight Timer

Insight Timer is a free app for sleep, anxiety, and stress. The app includes guided and unguided meditation and other programs to promote mental health.

Spotify

The popular media platform also features guided meditation to promote mindfulness. Curate a Spotify meditation playlist for yourself to help you get through this quarantine.

Alignment Essentials

“Warrior Workouts,” meditation, inspirational conversations, and the rest of Alignment Essentials’ virtual content is completely free during the pandemic.

Smiling Mind

Smiling Mind is a not-for-profit organization that offers guided meditation for different age groups and circumstances on its app. Exercises are available daily and are a perfect starting point for beginners.

Balance

Balance is considered the “world’s first personalized meditation audio program,” and it is free for one year for iOS users. Each day, users answer questions about their meditation goals to curate their “optimal path.”

Sounds True

Resources through Sounds True are now available to promote resilience in challenging situations. Podcasts to promote daily health have also recently been added, hosted by leaders in their respective fields.

Physical Health:

Fitness Blender

Fitness Blender offers 500+ free workout videos for all fitness levels. Health-happy recipes and articles are also included in the online content.

Orangetheory Fitness

Orangetheory Fitness offers 30-minute to hour-long workout videos free of charge through its YouTube channel. New content is added daily.

Retrosweat

Retrosweat is a YouTube channel that will take you back in time with creative workout videos that have an undeniable ’80s flair. Some of the most popular workouts are set to songs such as “Love Is a Battlefield” and “Don’t You Want Me.”

LifeTime Fitness

LifeTime Fitness now offers its most popular classes online fornumerous skill levels. The traditional categories are included (cardio, strength, yoga, and cycle) as well as family and small group training.

Down Dog

Get your daily fix with seven-minute workouts from Down Dog in yoga, HIIT, and barre. Live classes are also available, and classes are offered daily for a wide array of available content.

Nike Training Club

Get suggestions onmore than just your workouts with expert advice on nutrition, sleep, and more. The Nike Training Club app now offers free access to NTC premium.

Senior staff writer Sydney Fox can be contacted at sydney.fox@columbiaspectator.com. Follow Spectator on Twitter @ColumbiaSpec.

Quarantine Covid Online Free Courses Classes