Sophomore Harrison Shih earned a top-five finish two weeks ago at the Wildcat Invitational.

Men's golf will look to continue its winning ways this weekend. Earlier this month at the Wildcat Invitational, the Light Blue captured its first tournament victory since 2010, as sophomore Harrison Shih and junior Brandon Jowers each posted top-five finishes.

The tandem of Shih and Jowers will again have to play big roles in this weekend's Princeton Invitational at Springdale Golf Club in New Jersey. At par-71 and just 6,390 yards, the course presents little margin for error, as driving and keeping the ball in the fairways will be paramount. Driving distance, on the other hand, is expected to be less important.

Fifteen schools will be competing in the Princeton Invitational, including all eight members of the Ivy League. And while the event's name may suggest an overwhelming advantage for Princeton—Springdale Golf Club is the Tigers' home course—Yale has dominated in recent years.

The Bulldogs are four-time defending champions at the Princeton Invitational and have a league-best two tournament victories this season. Yale also sports the lowest average score with a four-golfer mark of 289.56. Columbia is a close second with an average score of 289.67.

For the Lions, the weekend will present an opportunity to topple the vaunted Bulldogs and to see how the Light Blue stacks up before Ivy Championships at the end of April.

The Light Blue will tee off at 7:45 a.m. on Saturday and play 36 holes. On Sunday, the Lions will tee off at 8 a.m. and play 18 holes.

sports@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports

Men's Golf