Bing Guan / Senior Staff Photographer

Senior Julie Hoffmann scored a team-leading 1128 points to finish ninth overall in the compound field.

Archery finished the indoor season with a strong performance at the National Indoor Championships in Harrisonburg, Virginia on March 11 to 13. The squad competed in the East Regional Section, where it faced off against James Madison University, Pennsylvania College of Technology, and Rowan University.

The Light Blue dominated the region, sweeping the top five spots in the recurve and three of the top four in the compound division. First-year Aileen Yu had a stellar performance in the recurve, posting an 1104, the top score in the region and the sixth best nationally. Sophomore Jenny Han was second in the region with a score of 1077 that placed her 11th nationally. First-year Bianca Gotuaco, junior Joy Chang, and senior Tiffany Kim were not far behind, placing 15th, 18th, and 21st nationally with scores of 1067, 1052, and 1039, respectively.

In the compound division, senior Julie Hoffmann led the way with a score of 1128, which topped the region and placed her at ninth nationally. Sophomore Katherine Alfaro and junior Judy Zhou followed Hoffman's example, posting scores of 1117 and 1116, respectively, for 14th and 15th place nationally.

The Light Blue now turns its attention to the outdoor season. The team headed to Florida for spring break to train full time in preparation for the Arizona Cup/World University Trials set to take place Thursday, April 7 in Phoenix, Arizona.

archery