Natalie Guerra /

Senior Timothy Wang was an unstoppable force at fourth singles against Buffalo this weekend.

Men’s tennis has proven itself able to bounce back from adversity. The five consecutive Ivy League-titled team affirmed this fact in its final nonconference match of the season against University at Buffalo.

After a triumphant 500th win for Head Coach Bid Goswami at UT Arlington, but two devastating losses against Texas Christian University and UT Austin, it was up to the Lions to prove themselves after their mixed results in Texas.

In doubles, the tandem of sophomore Rian Pandole and senior Victor Pham made quick work of their competitors, Vilhelm Fridell and Nickolas Frisk in a 6-1 match in second doubles. The pair of senior William Matheson and sophomore Jason Lui also triumphed over their competitors in a 6-1 match, giving Columbia the early edge in the match.

The Light Blue continued to perform at its best on the singles court as well. Senior Timothy Wang was an unstoppable force at fourth singles 6-1, 6-2 against Buffalo’s Matthew Johnson. Sophomore Austen Huang was also able to clinch the win for Columbia 6-2, 6-1 at fifth singles respectively.

Junior Alex Keyser, however, truly was the one to watch today on the court. Keyser, who has only played one other match for the entirety of the dual season, blanked his opponent Jonah Murphy 6-0, 6-0 at sixth doubles.

Whether the Lions will be able to replicate their results next weekend in their doubleheader weekend against Yale and Brown is still up in the air. Whether injured members of the team, Jackie Tang and Jack Lin, will play next weekend has not been disclosed. After blanking both Yale and Brown last spring 4-0, the team has a lot to prove going into these matches. The win against Buffalo was a major success for men’s tennis, but it is completely up to the team to keep that same momentum going.

The Light Blue will begin Ivy play on Saturday, April 6 to take on Yale. Play will begin at 1 p.m. at the Dick Savitt Tennis Center.

Staff writer Lizzie Karpen can be contacted at elizabeth.karpen@columbiaspectator.com. Follow her on Twitter @karpenlizzie.