Dear readers,

We hope that you are staying safe and healthy in these trying times. As we settle into online classes, we are so happy to present you with some new Eye content! In this letter, we will be breaking down issues five and six.

In this week’s issue, Mína Wang and Briani Netzahuatl examine how classes have changed since going online and how professors are adapting to the new online format. Whether it means making crepes over Zoom or acknowledging the stronger bond between classmates, the new changes are not halting class by any means.

Take a minute and 56 seconds to kick back and sip some tea, as staff writer Paul Hanna perfects the art of matcha-making. While it's easy to miss regular campus life, Paul finds solace in making matcha tea. We hope this inspires you to take time for yourself and relax.

Afterward, read Jordan Allen’s View From Here about attending a DIY graduation, as she talks about her nostalgia for the present. While reading, consider how else we can recapture milestones while fighting COVID-19.

Finally, Erin Neil writes about falling off a ski lift and her last days studying abroad in Scotland and how it helped her learn to accept the feeling of losing control, especially as we all adjust to life in quarantine.

Enjoy reading while trying to focus on your 8:40 that is now a 5:40, and as always stay connected with us via email at eye@columbiaspectator.com and on social media: Twitter, @theeyemag; Instagram, @theeye.mag; and on Facebook. In the meantime, wash your hands.

Cheers,

Eve and Claudia