Kali Duffy / Staff Photographer

After opening the season with three consecutive wins the Light Blue most recently fell to Harvard at home.

This weekend, men’s swimming and diving will travel up to Princeton to compete in its first invitational of the season.

The Big Al Invitational is a three-day meet set up in a similar manner to the Ivy League Championships, which will take place in late February. Unlike a dual meet, an invitational hosts a preliminary session every morning and a finals session every evening.

Fellow Ivy League teams Dartmouth and Brown will be in attendance, as well as Villanova, Rider, Rutgers, William & Mary, Miami, and Johns Hopkins.

While this competition will not affect the Light Blue’s record for the season, it will still provide valuable experience for prominent first-years Albert Gwo, who swims in the freestyle and butterfly events, and Jonathan Suckow, a diver, as they continue to navigate the collegiate competition. Suckow remains undefeated in both diving events so far this season, and Gwo currently stands as the anchor in the A relay and a key contributor in the middle-distance freestyle events.

Due to the marathon nature of the Big Al Invitational, swimmers such as seniors Michal Zyla and Jae Park will participate in dual meet events in which they would not ordinarily compete.

The Light Blue will hit the water on Friday morning in Princeton at DeNunzio Pool and will return on Sunday.

chapman.hughes@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports