Ben Goldsmith / Senior Staff Photographer

The Light Blue will now participate in five dual meets before the Ivy League Championships in mid February.

In a weekend split between winter championships, women’s swimming had some standout performances at both the ECAC Winter National Championships and the AT&T National Championships.

The weekend started for the Lions with the AT&T Championships, co-hosted by Ohio State and USA Swimming on Friday. Facing elite competition, sophomore Helen Wojdylo had a superb performance in the 100-yard breaststroke. In the prelims, her time of 1:02.43 was enough to qualify for the finals ‘C’ heat. She followed with a time of 1:02.44 to earn 5th place in her heat.

Fellow sophomore Julia Samson also notched an 11th place finish in the 200-yard backstroke prelims to qualify for the ‘B’ heat finals before finishing in 25th place in the 100-yard backstroke prelims. First-year Emily Wang swam a time of 55.88 for 29th place in the 100-yard butterfly.

At the ECAC Championships, the Light Blue had several top 10 performances against easier competition. In the 50-yard freestyle, four Lions were in the top 10, including senior Kate O’Rourke in second place, first-year Susie Zhu in fourth, first-year Jessica He in ninth, and sophomore Elisa Fang in 10th. Four other Lions did the same in the 500-yard freestyle with He, first-year Kasia Malendowicz, junior Maureen Rakovec, and sophomore Clare MacNamara finding success.

Malendowicz also earned third place in the 1,650-yard freestyle, followed by teammate first-year Allysa Phelps in fourth. MacNamara and Rakovec rounded out the top 10 for Columbia in the event.

Finally, senior Nicole Papsco tapped the wall in first place for the 200-yard individual medley, with a time of 2:06.45. Sophomore Lisa Zhang, first-year Eva Crouse, and first-year Jordan Ashmore followed Papsco with top 10 finishes in the event.

In the 200-yard freestyle relay, the team of Zhu, He, Fang, and O’Rourke was the team to beat, finishing with a time of 1:34.26. The medley relay team in the same distance finished in second with a time of 1:44.45, thanks to the efforts of first-year Stefanie Ting, Zhang, He and O’Rourke.

Columbia will travel to face Princeton next weekend for its final event before winter break.

jacqueline.diggs@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports

Swimming and Diving Columbia Women's Swimming and Diving